littleBits is an open-source library of color-coded electronic modules — miniscule circuit boards with specific functions, such as light, sound, sensors, buttons, thresholds, motors and more — that snap together via tiny magnets in order to make larger circuits. There is no programming, wiring or soldering. These simple, intuitive blocks promote limitless experimentation, prototyping and learning.
In a nutshell, they are Legos for the iPad generation.
What can you do with them?
- Snap and play, magnets prevent you from putting things the wrong way
- Play with light, sound, sensing and buttons without wiring, soldering or programming
- Make your own interactive objects, or combine with other construction toys
- Explain to your children the complex notions of electricity, electronics and science in a fun way
- Join the littleBits website to see videos and images of what you can make