We’ve written about right brain education apps previously but I thought it was time for an update since there are a lot more available now that did not exist before. The apps below feature some of the activities covered in a typical Heguru class.
1. Mandala Practice:
- Mandala Memory Trainer – which we wrote about previously.
- Brain Kaleidoscope – contains 39 pictures for training mandala memory.
2. Space Memory/Linking Memory
- Mimir Art of Memory – this is the best linking memory app I have seen so far (more about it here)
- Memory Store by Happy Touch – try to help Rabbit remember the items she needs to remember. There are 8 levels and over 100 images.
- Math – Baby Doesn’t Count
- Math – Enjoy! Dots
- Reading – Little Reader Touch
- General – Mercury Learning Systems (musical instruments, animals around the world, food around the world, tools and instruments, sports equipment and games)
- General – SuperBBB Flashcards (course 1, course 2, course 3, course 4, more to come…)
- Piano Perfect Pitch Game – it’s a game that teaches your child the difference between the seven pitches of the Solfège C major scale and complex concepts like absolute pitch, interval, scale degrees, and chord structures.
- Young Music Genius – features 24 instruments and 24 classical composers. Your child will be taught to recognise the different sounds of these instruments and famous musical pieces by these composers.
- Instruments 360 – teaches children the sounds, names and images of 49 different musical instruments.
6. Number Memory
- MemoryGames – has a good number memory game
7. Activities – Heguru classes cover a number of activities like puzzles, spot the difference, dot-to-dot, etc.
- Preschool Eduplay – read our review.
- iWriteWords – to practice letter and number writing
- Dot to Dot
- My First Maze
- Educational Wooden Puzzle Collection
- Shapes Match
8. Songs – in Heguru classes, they often play songs for the kids to listen to. Here are a couple of apps with songs that my boys have enjoyed…
Right Brain Education Apps:
Don’t forget to check out our older posts on this topic: