In Heguru, the children are given a number of “matching” activities to complete. They are usually done in the form of a hands-on activity with cards and cut-outs that the children will attach. Here are some examples of the activities that the toddler class might receive:
- Match the beginning alphabet to the rest of the word
- Match the patterns
- Complete the jigsaw puzzle
- Match the numbers to the correct number of items
And so on…
These are terrific activities, but preparing them for the kids to do at home is time consuming. Now, it doesn’t have to be. There is an app for it – Preschool EduPlay (it is also available for the iPhone but I think the screen size is too small for an activity like this).
About Preschool EduPlay
The app has four categories of activities:
- Match the objects
- Find the object
- Spot the difference
- Solve the picture puzzle (this comes as a bonus whenever your child earns a sticker for completing the other activities)
Match the Objects
Your child will be required to find the pair of objects that go together. In the example below, you child needs to match the tracks to the animal, person, or vehicle that created it.
Other matching games might be to match the wrapped present to the object it is most likely to be based on the silhouette, match the number to the image with the same number of items, match the animal to its baby, match the food item to its source (e.g. bee and honey), match the patterns, match the fruit with its cut portion, etc.
Find the Object
Your child will be given a list of object to locate on a picture.
Spot the Difference
Find the six differences between the two images shown.
Complete the Picture Puzzle
After the completion of the activities above, the children will be rewarded with a sticker. Each sticker converts to a jigsaw puzzle.
For more apps with similar activities, you should check out the following apps by KatzApps:
- Preschool Kitty – has 7 different activities: matching objects, spot the difference, where is the object, picture puzzles, patterns, catch the object, and find the right images
- Preschool Patterns – identify the patterns (what comes next)
- Kitty Likes Learning – more matching activities
- Hidden Objects with Kitty – more find the object activities
- Spot the Difference with Kitty
- Preschool Kitty Puzzle
- Preschool Holiday Puzzle