Sports and physical activity are important for brain development, academic achievement in school, and it makes us smarter. In fact, if there is only one thing you can do for your brain, it should be exercise. Here’s how you can inculcate some good habits for physical activity and movement this holidays with the help of Cartoon Network and AIA…
The Cartoon Network Move it Movement – presented by AIA Vitality
AIA Bhd and Cartoon Network are teaming up to get families on their feet and moving during the upcoming school holidays.
“We are excited about this collaboration with Turner and Cartoon Network to drive awareness on the importance of health and fitness. AIA is committed to putting ‘life’ at the heart of life insurance hence we will continue to play an active role in empowering and enabling our customers and the community to take better care of their health. This campaign is a fun way for us to reach out to families and inspire them to make positive, sustainable changes to their lifestyle that will translate to better health.” – Thomas Wong, Chief Marketing Officer of AIA Bhd.
The event is open to all families and admission is free. AIA customers will receive exclusive Cartoon Network Move it Movement merchandise at the event, terms and conditions apply.
When and where is it?
- LG2, Orange Concourse, Sunway Pyramid Mall
- 9-11 December 2016 from 10am to 10pm
The event will feature an array of sporting activities to encourage children and their parents to get fit and active together, such as:
- Shoot-n- Hoop! – Get your game face on and take on Cartoon Network’s basketball challenge to see who the King of the Court is.
- Toon Football Kids- can challenge their mum or dad in this race through the defenders to score the winning goal!
- CN Bounce House – Burn off some serious energy and reach for the sky in our Toon-tastic jumping castle.
- Bing Bong Badminton – Kids can take on their mum or dad in a real test of hand-eye co-ordination and badminton serving skills.
- Powerpuff Powerball – Help Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup knock down the Mojo Jojo bowling pins.
- Watterson Family Treasures – Dive deep into the ball pit to find the hidden treasures before time runs out.
- Marceline’s Mini-Marathon – Marceline can fly, but you’ll have to run. Pump those legs for 30 seconds and take home an amazing Cartoon Network photo flip-book of yourself in action.
There will also be:
- Games and quizzes on stage
- On-the-spot health check-ups
- Hands-on arts and crafts activity station
- “Meet and Greet” sessions with Cartoon Network’s favourite characters:
- Ben Tennyson from Ben 10
- The Powerpuff Girls
About The Cartoon Network Move it Movement
- Presented by AIA Vitality
- Organised by Cartoon Network and AIA Vitality
- Supported by Sunway Pyramid and Official Pay TV Partner – Astro
For more details on the event, please visit CartoonNetworkAsia.com/MoveIt
* AIA Vitality is a science-backed insurance and health programme that rewards its customers for getting healthier.
- Movement is good for the brain
- If you only do one thing for your brain, it should be this…
- Physical activity and sports are important for brain development and academic performance
- Physical activity predicts academic achievement in adolescents
- Exercise makes your smarter
- Proprioceptive activities and exercise boosts memory
- Brain breaks with physical activity boosts attention and information processing