Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you’ve probably heard all about the Minecraft craze that has children of all ages in a frenzy. And because of the educational benefits that Minecraft offers, parents and educators have been quick to seize this opportunity to extend the learning. Now with Mod Design 1 from Youth Digital, students can learn Java Programming and create their own Mods.
About Mod Design 1
Mod Design 1 from Youth Digital is an online computer class for grades 3-8 that gives students everything they need to create their own Mods for Minecraft©* from start to finish using the Java™programming language. Mod Design 1 offers young students a unique opportunity to learn Java™ in an exciting, meaningful way. They will not only come away with an impressive project to share with their friends, but also with a foundational knowledge of object-oriented programming.
Here’s what you get:
- Interactive video instruction that regularly asks students questions to make sure they are understanding the concepts and award points for correct answers
- 30+ hours of Course Work that include:
- Interactive videos
- Trouble Shooting Challenges
- Quizzes to earn points
- Messaging support and personalized feedback from instructors
- 24/7 access for a full year
- Instructor Feedback: Students receive personalized feedback on their final projects and, if they don’t understand a concept, they can get fast, cheerful support from instructors.
- Minecraft© for PC/Mac (Available here for $26.95)
- Windows 8, 7, or XP Or Mac OS 10x
- Macs MUST be 64-bit (normally true for those purchased after 2008).
- Recommended Internet download speeds of 1 mbps or more.
Mod Design 1 is available from Amazon with a giftbox:
- For children ages 8-14
- It helps them learn Java programming by making their own Mods for Minecraft®
- It gives children foundation knowledge of object-oriented programming
- It includes 30+ hours of online & interactive videos, quizzes, badges, challenges, contests and bonus material
- It also comes with 1 year access to online course and teacher support; and
- It was the winner of the 2014 Top Homeschooling Curriculum Award