- Dragon Box Algebra – who would have thought algebra could be so fun?
- Dragon Box Elements – geometry is usually a fun Math subject but this one’s the icing on the cake.
Since then, we have been waiting with baited breath for their next Math app to launch. Well, the wait is over…
DragonBox Numbers teaches your child what numbers are, how they work, and what you can do with them. The game makes it easy and fun for your child to gain an intuitive understanding of numbers. It’s a great introduction to the wonderful world of math.
DragonBox Numbers brings math to life by turning numbers into colorful and relatable characters, called Nooms. The Nooms can be stacked, sliced, combined, sorted, compared and played with, anyway your child pleases.
The app contains three types of gameplay for your child to explore, each designed to challenge your child to use the Nooms and basic math in a different way.
The “Sandbox” section of the game is designed to let your child explore and experiment with the Nooms. It’s also the perfect tool for parents and teachers to explain basic math concepts to kids.
In the “Puzzle” section, your child will use basic math to create their own puzzle pieces, and place them in the right spot to reveal a hidden picture. Every move your child makes reinforces number sense. Your child will perform thousands of operations while solving the 250 puzzles.
In the “Ladder” section, your child will have to think strategically to avoid obstacles to build larger numbers. Your child will develop an intuitive understanding of how larger numbers relate to small numbers, and practice basic math strategies every step of the way.
DragonBox Numbers is based on the same pedagogical principles as the other games in the award-winning DragonBox series, and works by integrating the learning seamlessly into the gameplay, no quizzes or mindless repetitions. Every interaction in DragonBox Numbers is designed to heighten your child’s understanding of numbers and strengthen his or her love of math, giving your child a great foundation for future math learning.
DragonBox Numbers is somewhat basic when compared to the previous apps released by We Want to Know AS. The material that it covers provides fundamental mathematical knowledge that provides the foundation for future Math understanding. In terms of the learning hierarchy, this is probably the app your child should begin with.
In true DragonBox fashion, this app is every bit as fun and engaging as their previous Math apps. Even though my boys were already familiar with the content it teaches, they both enjoyed playing this app immensely. For children who have a basic grasp of number sense, this app works well as a practice app for reinforcement.
Definitely another winning app from We Want to Know AS.
- Apps: Mystery Math Town and Mystery Math Museum
- Apps: Zorbit’s Math Adventure
- Splash Math – Terrific series of apps for the iPhone and iPad that lets you teach Math to your child on the go. It’s fun and engaging, and it will have your child clammouring for more Math.
- Math Apps: Dragon Box Elements – Mastering Geometry Through Play
- Apps: Dragon Box – Teach Your Child Algebra
- Math Planet – Math adventures for Grade 2 up to adults
- Math Apps – Montessori MatheMAGICs: Dynamic Division
- Teach Me