Knowing how to think is not a given. Children need to be taught how to think critically, logically and with reason. This is because being intelligent and knowing how to think are not the same thing. The problem is called dysrationalia – the inability to think and behave rationally despite having adequate intelligence.
Why is it so important to teach children to think?
- Why children need to be taught thinking skills
- Teach your child how to think – Edward de Bono
- Critical thinking is vital in the age of the Internet
Help Your Child Build Thinking Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day – learn the skills to recognise and define problems and sort out unnecessary information to make smart decisions.
- Reasoning Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day – sharpen the skills for inductive reasoning, logic, and validity of evidence.
- 501 Challenging Logic & Reasoning Problems – offers a series of logic and reasoning problems.
- Thinking Games to Challenge the Mind
- miniLUK Complete Brain Challenger Set
- Brain Games Activity Books
- Thinking Games by Smart Games
- Apps for Developing Problem Solving Skills
- Apps for Developing Logical Deduction, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Apps for Teaching Physics, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving