If you have been following our Right Brain Education articles from the start, you may be interested in this early childhood development program. Unfortunately, their schools are not readily accessible to everyone so what can you do? Engaging in music is another way to enhance right brain development and it also has many other benefits.
“…music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel.
Children Naturally Love Music
Indeed, every child loves music – they gravitate towards it. Just observe the way a toddler naturally moves to music; or the way toddlers stop mid-activity just to listen to it. It is no coincidence that it was mostly the children who wanted to stop and listen to the music when the illustrious Joshua Bell performed incognito on his Antonio Stradivari violin.
“Every single time a child walked past, he or she tried to stop and watch. And every single time, a parent scooted the kid away.” – Washington Post
Numerous Benefits for Learning Music
There are so many benefits for children learning music that it would be difficult to state why a child shouldn’t learn music. Read on for some of the many benefits that can be derived from learning music:
- Extra-Curricular Activities: The Wondrous Benefits of Learning a Musical Instrument
- How Music Benefits the Brain
- Music Training Enhances Children’s Verbal Intelligence
- Benefits for Learning Music
Music Programs to Explore
If you’ve decided that music is something you want to explore with your child, these are some music programs for young children that we have explored:
- BrillKids Little Musician – this is a terrific program for young children and introductory program for older children alike. It won the 2012 Dr Toy award for “10 BEST Audio & Video Products” and “100 BEST Children’s Products”.
- The Suzuki Method
- Piano Wizard Music Academy
- Soft Mozart
- Piano Maestro
For more articles and resources on music, visit our music resources page.
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” – Plato