Signs and Symptoms this week:
- The morning sickness is both worse and better at the same time. Worse, I think because the hormones are escalating, but better because I seem to have found more ways to handle it better.
- Fatigue has reached and all time high. I feel as though I could sleep for 24 hours and still need to sleep more.
- Hunger pangs have not abated one bit, although I still can’t eat very much at any one time, it almost feels like I’m continuously putting food into my mouth.
- I seem to be having cravings for the most unhealthy foods! We bought a box of Big Apple Donuts and I finished it! I thought pregnant women were supposed to have instincts to do what’s best for their babies and here I am craving for junk food?
- My sense of smell has sharpened to a keenness I almost wish it didn’t have because all offensive smells that I never used to notice are now quite unbearable – including the smell of my son’s diaper in the morning.
- The hormones are on the war path because I seem very emotionally strung lately – getting angry very easily, and crying over the littlest things. Can you believe I balled my eyes out watching “Bolt“?
If what they say about the hormones are true, then I must be having a girl. At the same time, I’m trying hard not to think about that because I know I’ll be utterly devasted if I keep with this line of thinking only to discover I’ve got a boy.
The other person I’m beginning to worry about is Gavin. I think we have inadvertantly also brainwashed him into wanting a baby sister because whenever I talk about the baby, he immediately says, “I want baby sister!”
I can just imagine when the baby arrives and it’s a boy – Gavin will look at the baby and say, “Mummy, take him back! I wanted a baby sister!” Yup, that will definitely go down well…
I have been subtly trying to tell him that the baby could be a boy but he seems rather resistent to the idea. Oops. Ah well, there is still a chance it will be a girl and we won’t have to worry about that one…