When I first started homeschooling Gavin (this was before he started playschool at Kinderland), I was searching high and low for useful internet resources that I could use to help me plan his curriculum. Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware of these sites back then, but I am now, so if you’re homeschooling (or if you want to supplement your child’s education at home), you might find these useful:
- Mr Donn
- Pete’s Power Point Station – powerpoint slides teaching a range of subjects.
- Usborne Quicklinks – useful links to kids websites that teach a variety of subjects.
- NGA Kids – interactive art for kids.
- Kids Do Ecology
- Kids Know It Network – the free educational movies are great.
- TIME for Kids – TIME magazine’s kid’s resource site.
- I’ve also started uploading my powerpoint slides onto the BrillKids resource site which you can use to access them.
- DLTK’s Growing Together
- Magic Keys – Children’s books online
- ABC Fast Phonics
- BrillKids – Reading, Math
- Click N Read – Reading, Spelling
- DreamBox Learning – Math
- Enchanted Learning
- British Council for Kids
- HomeSchool World – great parenting resource for homeschooling parents.
- Making Learning Fun – website with free printables.
- Earling Learning at Home – this site is excellent. Full of great ideas for home schooling.
- Lesson Pathways – you need to sign up but it’s free. They have stuff for classroom, homeschool and after school.
- Starfall – free site for teaching children how to read using “phonics”.
- SparkleBox – loads of free printables.
I will update this list with more as I find them. Feel free to contribute any other useful resources for homeschooling parents that you come across either in the comments section below or by contacting me.
Update: the new list is here – Great Educational Websites…