Basic image training forms the base for all other image training therefore it should be done first. This can be done with children at any age. Children below 3 years old can do this in their mothers’ arms. Children above 3 years old can do this by themselves.
Go through the following lines with your child:
- Let’s lie down on the floor and close our eyes. Pretend that we are sleeping.
- A person who has fallen asleep doesn’t open their eyes, doesn’t talk, and doesn’t move. Wow! You’re doing really well!
- Let’s take a deep breath. Exhale slowly and deeply, and flatten your tummy.
- Now let’s inhale and swell out your tummy. Make your tummy big like a balloon. (Repeat this breathing 3 times).
- Okay, now you can breath normally.
- Can you see a red balloon? Imagine one. Once you can see it, raise your hand. Okay, put your hand down.
- Now the red balloon has gone. Can you see a yellow balloon in its place? When you can see it, raise your hand. Okay, put your hand down.
- Let the balloon go and see the entrance to your house. Once you can see it, open the door and go inside.
- Now, turn off everything. You are coming back to the room when I count down from 3.
- 3, 2, 1. Open your eyes slowly. Great work! Welcome back!
Image Play – Imaging Resources: