At Heguru, there are a number of puzzle games you can purchase from their store for home use. They have puzzles like Tangrams and Iroita which the children currently use in class, but there are others as well. While shopping on the weekend, I noticed some ThinkFun puzzles at a toy display which look similar to those Heguru puzzle games. In particular were:
For parents living overseas who cannot purchase products directly from Heguru, I think these ThinkFun puzzle games are a great alternative to the puzzle games available at Heguru. In fact, I think ThinkFun has quite a number of pretty cool puzzle games that are great for children.
For more puzzle activities you can play with your child, do check out the other games from ThinkFun like these:
- Brick Logic – build a symmetrical brick wall by assembling five puzzle pieces to match the image on one of 60 challenge cards.
- Color Cube Sudoku – Flip & rearrange all 9 Color Cubes on the 3 x 3 tray until each color appears once in every row and column.
- Shape Logic – stack green pieces on top of blue pieces, or vice versa, to create identical shapes.
- Sweet Logic – figure out where to put each piece of chocolate to match the clues provided on the challenge card.
- Solitaire Chess – capture all the pieces using only legal chess moves.
- Lunar Landing – You’re on a mission to a distant moon, but you’ve become stranded outside your mothership. Use your logic skills and the aid of five loyal helper-bots to find a way back to the ship’s emergency entry port.
- Gordian Knot – Unravel the knot.
- Fifteen Puzzle – scramble the numbers and then figure out how to rearrange them back in order.
- Brain Teaser Kit – comes with 8 brain teasers to solve.