Want to learn more about Right Brain Education and how to practice at home with your child? Subscribe to our free newsletter and get a bonus Right Brain Education activity manual free!
Argh! I finally found right brain education apps based on the work of Makoto Shichida and they are only available to US customers! They cannot be bought by individuals outside of the US! I’ve never understood this limitation with digital products. Anyway, I sent them a message stating that they should make their apps available globally. Let’s hope they pick up on it.
In the meantime, if you live in the US, here it is:
It’s called Brain Training Unotan and it offers three right brain training components with a total of 15 brain training exercises:
“Built around the brain training methodology of Professor Makoto Shichida, a renowned expert in the field of right brain therapy and training, Brain Training Unotan provides a series of fun-to-play training exercises that helps your brain dramatically improve its memory retention, concentration, and intuition capabilities.”
You can buy each component separately, or you can buy the master app with all three components in one. The following are screen shots from the app showing some of the exercises that it contains.
Exercises for Memory Training:
Remember the colours:
Remember the Faces:
Exercises for Concentration Training:
Find a Match:
Match the Kanji Characters:
Exercises for Intuition Training:
Total Amount of Coins:
Find the Goal:
Since we can’t buy this app unless you live in the US, Australia or Great Britain, here are a couple of other apps I found which might soften the blow a little. Best of all is that they are free! Now you can do Right Brain Home Practice Mandala activities on your iPhone.
It comes with 13 Mandala practice sets to work with and it works exactly the same way as the Mandala activity in class.
- Each round you are presented with a Mandala image randomly picked among 13 Mandala images in the 1.0 version (we will add more in future updates).
- Focus on the Mandala image for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Close your eyes and use your subconscious mind to “see” the image as if it was in front of your eyes.
- Open your eyes and tap the image to switch to the black & white view. Then see if you can recall the colors of the image.
- Tap “Refresh” button to randomly pick another Mandala image.
This Mandala activity differs slightly from the regular right brain Mandala activity, but the aim is still the same – to be able to take a mental photograph of the Mandala pattern and remember where all the colours are.
How to play?
1. You have five seconds to take a mental snapshot of a colorful Mandala image.
2. You will then pick the above image from 4 of its own variations. There is no time constraint here.
3. Each contest consists of 10 randomly selected images. Based on the complexity of images and the number of your right picks, you will receive a score from Dr. B.
For more right brain home practice apps, check out the following blog posts:
- More Mandala Apps for iPhone/iPad
- Right Brain Home Practice for Lazy Moms – Part 1
- Right Brain Home Practice for Lazy Moms – Part 2
- Right Brain Home Practice for Lazy Moms – Part 3