More adventures from my continuing mission to wean Hercules off his “screen time”… If I’m going to keep him away from the screen, then I need activities that will keep him busy. To add more variety to my Montessori Busy Box, I made these for him today:
Colour Matching Activity
- Match the coloured felt squares to their respective colours on the card.
- Trace over the textured letters that spell each colour with a finger.
Reinforces colour matching, colour names, reading and spelling.
- Glitter Glue
- Coloured Felt Squares
- Velcro (hook and loop)
- Pen, pencil and ruler
- Cut two same-size squares of felt from each colour.
- Stick one of each felt square colour to the cardboard.
- Write out the colour of the felt square using the stencil.
- Follow the stencil outline with glitter glue.
- Cut little squares of velcro. Stick the rough side to the cardboard and the smooth side to the back of the other felt square.
- Let it dry.
You could do the same activity using other subjects – fruits, animals, musical instruments, etc. Instead of felt squares, you could use pictures.