What is the Glenn Doman Method?
Glenn Doman is the founder for the Institutes for The Achievement of Human Potential (IAHP) whose initial focus was to help develop a program for treating children with brain injuries. With this program, they were able to help brain injured children catch up in their physical and mental development so that no difference could be detected between them and their “normal” peers. They accelerated their reading, Math, general knowledge, and physical development.
After the success of this program with brain injured children, they later adopted these approaches with normal children and thus began the “Gentle Revolution“. Intended for children from birth to 6 years, the objective of the Gentle Revolution is: “to give all parents the knowledge required to make highly intelligent, extremely capable, and delightful children, and, by so doing, to make a highly humane, sane and decent world.”
According to founder Glenn Doman, young children love to learn more than anything else and this desire should not be ignored.
With Doman’s programs, you can feed your child’s desire to learn and teach your baby to read, math, encyclopedic knowledge and physical excellence. Glenn Doman has published a number of books that outline how to achieve this:
- How To Teach Your Baby To Read (The Gentle Revolution)
- How To Teach Your Baby Math: The Gentle Revolution
- How To Multiply Your Baby’s Intelligence (Gentle Revolution)
- How To Teach Your Baby To Be Physically Superb: From Birth To Age Six; The Gentle Revolution
- How To Give Your Baby Encyclopedic Knowledge: The Gentle Revolution
- How Smart is Your Baby? Develop and Nurture Your Newborn’s Full Potential
- Fit Baby, Smart Baby, Your Baby: From Birth to Age 6
- How to Teach Your Baby to Swim: From Birth to Age 6