Hercules loves music. He loves listening to it and he loves to sing along. Some time back, we discovered some really cool educational songs on Youtube that he has since been singing along to. He sings them even when he isn’t watching the video. Sometimes we sing them in the car when I need to entertain him and I haven’t got anything else for him. Although he has been learning phonics through Little Reader, the phonics songs he has been listening to on Youtube has really helped him learn the letter sounds associated with each letter.
Some of his favourite channels:
- Super Simple Songs
- Kids TV 123
- Have Fun Teaching
- Coilbook – this isn’t a music channel but Hercules loves Shawn the Train who teaches children about letters, numbers, and shapes.
Some of his favourite shows and songs:
- Charlie and the Numbers – this is created by BabyTV who also have a lot of other interesting shows
- Alphabet Train Song – if your child likes this, you should also check out the DVDs and CDs on Lots of Kids Songs. You can also get the songs on iTunes from James Coffey.
- Jolly Phonics
- The Skeleton Dance
- 5 Little Monkeys
- 10 in the Bed
There are a lot of gems in Youtube if you take the time to search for them. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of advertisements. The best thing to do is to download the videos your child likes so you can avoid the ads.
If you like these, you should also check out these other educational songs:
- Rock N Learn
- They Might Be Giants
- Peter Weatherall
- Ballads from the Age of Science
- Learning is Fun with Hestia