We’ve written about right brain education apps previously but I thought it was time for an update since there are a lot more available now that did not exist before. The apps below feature some of the activities covered in a typical Heguru class.
1. Mandala Practice:
- Mandala Memory Trainer – which we wrote about previously.
2. Space Memory/Linking Memory
- Mimir Art of Memory – this is the best linking memory app I have seen so far (more about it here)
- Piano Perfect Pitch Game – it’s a game that teaches your child the difference between the seven pitches of the Solfège C major scale and complex concepts like absolute pitch, interval, scale degrees, and chord structures.
Heguru classes cover a number of activities like puzzles, spot the difference, dot-to-dot, etc.
- iWriteWords – to practice letter and number writing
- Dot to Dot
- My First Maze
- Educational Wooden Puzzle Collection
- Shapes Match
In Heguru classes, they often play songs for the kids to listen to. Here are a couple of apps with songs that my boys have enjoyed…
- My first songs
- ABC Mouse Music Videos – the app for this doesn’t work any more but you can find the same songs on Youtube.
Don’t forget to check out our older posts on this topic: