In Right Brain Education, the 5 Minutes Suggestion is mentioned quite a bit. If you have read Shichida’s books, there are several examples on how this is done. Now you can understand more about the concepts behind the 5 Minute Suggestion with Joane Goulding’s Sleep Talk.
What is Sleep Talk?
Sleep Talk is similar to the 5 Minute Suggestion in that it is a form of auto-suggestion that helps to enhance our children’s self-esteem and develop emotional resilience. It is intended to help our children to reach their potentials and live more positive lives.
The Goulding Process:
- empowers parents to help their children to achieve self-confidence and inner strength.
- empowers parents to give their children positive suggestions to help with general and specific issues in their lives.
- is a safe, ethical and non-intrusive process suitable for any family and lasts for life.
- has been used for over 30 years.
- gives parents a second chance to undo the possible harms caused by unkind words they may have said to their children during a busy day.
If you want further guidance on applying the 5 Minute Suggestion, you should read about the Goulding Process. Although the method is slightly different, the philosophy for Sleep Talk is essentially the same.
Find out more about Sleep Talk:
There is also another variation on the Sleep Talk concept written by Lois Haddad, Patricia Wilson, Judith Searle. The book is titled: “Sleep Talk: A Breakthrough Technique for Helping Your Children Cope with Stress and Thrive Through Difficult Transitions.” It is available on Amazon.
- The Shichida 5 Minutes Suggestion
- “Self Mastery through Conscious Autosuggestion” by Emile Coué
- Shambala Meditation