If you have heard about Right Brain Education, chances are, the name you will be most familiar with is Makoto Shichida – one of the pioneers in this field. However, there is another lady that you should know about – Heguru founder, Ruiko Henmi. She has had many years of first hand experience helping children to develop their right brain potential.
Who is Ruiko Henmi?
She is the Principle of Henmi Educational General Laboratory (HEGL). She is a popular teacher who has been featured in a number of Japanese TV programs. She is responsible for helping to develop various right brain educational programs at Tachikawa campus. Her bold and meticulous training system has benefitted thousands of students in the HEGL school program.
10 Rules for Developing the Right Brain
According to Ruiko Henmi, there are the 10 rules for developing the right brain:
- Believe – one can only produce up to the capacity of belief. Parents have to believe in their children’s capability.
- Attend lessons in order to follow the right brain program. Listen, observe and learn.
- Read story books to your kids – reading is one of the methods for bringing out your child’s genius.
- Stay beside the student whose right brain has developed – this is the theory of talent formation.
- Do fun and exciting things together thoroughly – your children must be happy in order to open their right brain.
- Develop the right brain gently – left brain is required to strengthen the right brain.
- Develop self-esteem – do not rebuke your children because of “lack of ability”, but rebuke them for their misbehaviour.
- It requires patience, perseverance, and worry – this state of mind is required for growth because children need to learn to overcome some difficulties in life. It is difficult to develop the right brain if your children are spoilt.
- Help children fully absorb the positive comments from parents, teachers, and their surroundings. They will be able to overcome any obstacle.
- Develop the heart – right brain is strongly affected by the heart.
8 Tips for Bringing Out the Best in Your Child
Right Brain Education is more than simple a series of exercises that you do with your child. It is first and foremost about relationships, love, and emotional well-being of your child which will lead to the unlocking of a massive hidden potential. Without building this foundation, right brain education activities alone will not achieve the phenomenal results of true right brain education. An easy way to put it would be to quote the Right Brain Kids motto: “hug, play, learn”.
In Heguru, Ruiko Henmi shares 8 tips with parents to help you bring out the best in your child:
- Raise a child by developing his strengths.
- Raise a child based on his individuality, not by comparison to other children.
- Do not be caught in the dilemma of T-score education and academic snobbery in education.
- Nurture your children by adding points instead of deducting points.
- Nurture your children by observing the “Kindness” within them rather than disguised behaviourism.
- Bring up a child by understanding the various growth processes.
- The impressions and expectations parents and teachers have on their children will influence their results and performances.
- Respect and recognise the existence of your child.
5 Methods to Bring Out the Potential Ability of Your Child
In Heguru Right Brain Education, parents are also taught the methods for bringing out the potential ability in their children. According to Ruiko Henmi (Heguru founder) there are 5 methods to achieve this:
- Enlarge the container (capacity) of the brain.
- Discover the methods and develop the inborn abilities of children.
- Build the confidence in children and develop their potential abilities.
- Develop your child’s emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Develop their true thinking ability.