Well, okay, they aren’t new because they have been around since 2012, but they are new to me since I’ve only just heard about them. They are called Brain+ and they recently launched their improved app to the iTunes AppStore.
The Brain+ App
Designed by a Danish company in Copenhagen, the Brain+ app contains three brain training games that train key mental capabilities: attention, memory, planning and problem solving. These brain exercises have been developed in collaboration with leading brain scientists from Copenhagen University and is intended for people of all ages.
“Sorry, what was your name again?”
Do you know that feeling? Memory is an essential part of social interaction, and not being able to remember a person’s name or job can be terribly embarrassing. However, a recent scientific study has shown that an 80-year old can achieve the same performance on attention and memory tasks as a 20-year old, with just 4 weeks of training, 30 minutes a day – using a scientifically designed computer game. With the Brain+ app you will be able to improve several of your brain’s abilities, which will help you in both your career and social life.
“The essence of the Brain+ project is to improve people’s quality of life by helping them to utilize their brain’s full potential and maintain mental sharpness throughout life. This is for people of all ages, and in the future also for the treatment of a range of brain related disorders”, says Kim Baden-Kristensen, co-founder of Brain+.
The current Brain+ app contains three games, which train some of the brain’s most vital skills: Attention, memory, planning and problem solving:
1. Captain’s Challenge – trains attention and short-term memory in order to steer a ship safely through dangerous waters.
2. Remember Me – trains long-term memory to get better at remembering personal information about a variety of new people.
3. Fresh Frog – trains the problem solving-skill and the ability to plan ahead. This happens by trying to navigate an enchanted frog through dangerous swamps to kiss a princess and undo the spell.
Brain+ will be continuing to develop more brain training games that will be released as an ongoing process.
Benefits of Training with Brain+
- improves short-term memory
- improves long-term memory
- improves attention
- learn memory techniques
- boost your brain’s weaknesses
- enhance your brain’s strengths
- tracks individual’s progress and sets goals for training
- customisable training program
- adapts exercise difficulty to individual ability for maximum benefit
- offer techniques to enhance individual’s performance
- explains the science behind brain training
The app is available for iPhone and iPad and can be downloaded and tried for free. The free version allows the user to play for a limited amount of time a day. To get unlimited access and therefore maximize their outcome of the training, users can subscribe to a premium account.
- 12 months – $9.99
- 3 months – $3.99
Very well received in Denmark
The app was recently launched and warmly received in Denmark, where it got known nationwide from national TV and newspapers and quickly passed 35.000 Danish downloads – equaling more than 1 % of the adult population.
Brain+ is a Danish brain training company seeking to provide scientifically proven, effective and engaging brain training exercises that intelligently adapt to the specific need and ability of each user. Brain+ works closely with leading brain scientist from Copenhagen University to develop the exercises and scientifically prove the effects.