Designed for children only, this programme provides a rare opportunity for children to satisfy their curiosity at the aquarium when it is closed to the public at night and to see the nocturnal activity of the sharks.
Although he claimed a little “home-sickness”, I suspect G1 had a real blast on this programme because he got to stay up way past his bed time! It was his first time away from home (not counting sleepovers) and I felt another twinge of emptiness as my boy takes yet another step towards independence.
It seems I was not the only one who felt the stark silence of his absence. G2, who had to sleep alone for the night, appeared to take it all in stride until he woke up the next morning and missed his brother’s presence. He was even a little teary which surprised me given how much they fight when they’re together. Ah… brotherly love – can’t be together, can’t be apart.
G1 shared all the fascinating adventures of his trip, including the one that went “bump” in the night…
G1: I woke up when I heard a thump and I saw a shark lying on the floor, stunned. I think must have bumped into the glass. And there was another fish swimming away with a cheeky look on its face.
Now I’m wondering about all the other adventures he had…
Anyway, here are the details if you think your child would like to go sleep with the sharks:
Sleep with the Sharks Programme at KLCC Aquaria
- 10:30 am – Registration, Hello Aquaria!
- 11:00 am – Safety briefing with parents
- 11:15 am – Ice-breaking sessions
- 11:30 am – Otter feeding show
- 12:30 pm – Lunch Time
- 1:30 pm – Meet & Gear Up as diver
- 2:00 pm – Water Rat feeding show
- 2:30 pm – Arapaima & Amazon Flooded Forest feeding show
- 3:00 pm – Aquatheatre feeding show
- 3:30 pm – Weird & Wonderful tour
- 4:00 pm – Piranha Feeding Show
- 4:10 pm – Turtle Workshop
- 6:30 pm – Dinner & shower time
- 7:30 pm – Night Fish & Terrapin feeding experiences
- 8:00 pm – The Shark night workshop
- 10:00 pm – Meet the Creepy Crawlies & learn about the life cycle
- 10:30 pm – Set up camp
- 11:00 pm – Lights out
- 7:00 am – Rise & shine!
- 7:40 am – Morning exercise @ KLCC Park
- 8:10 am – Shower time & Breakfast
- 10:00 am – Meet the Aquarist
- 11:00 am – Touch Pool: Learn with your senses
- 11:15 am – Touch Pool feeding show
- 11:30 am – Group photo & See you again!
- Only available on weekends
- Open to children aged 6 to 13 years only
- Advance booking is recommended to ensure your place
- Further enquiries please call +603-2333 1976 / 1977 / 1971; or email to email@example.com