This is part of a series of lessons that we try to teach the children about living life with a positive outlook and having strength of character. For as much as we believe in honing our children’s skills and abilities, it is becoming evident that these are nothing if the mind is weak.
“The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
This is probably one of the most powerful messages we will ever be able to teach our children: you are what you believe, you are what you think. While this video is a good place to begin teaching that message, the best way to continue enhancing that strength is to encourage our children to exercise their minds with daily meditation.
- You Are What You Think, New Study Says – Huffpost
- You Are What You Believe: Understanding Early Programming – Psychology Today
- You Are What You Think – ABCNews
- Grit, Mental Toughness, and Sisu – the Qualities that Separate Excellence from Mediocrity
- Mindfulness Meditation – Resources for Families