There is something magical about Minecraft that draws children in like a magnet. Kids of all ages love to play Minecraft but what’s probably the best part about Minecraft is its educational applications. Having discovered what a powerful educational tool Minecraft can be, educators and parents alike have started to take advantage of what it offers.
One of the most exciting benefits of Minecraft is that it offers children exposure to coding – the language of the 21st Century.
Why Should Kids Learn to Code?
- Ideas will become reality. If they can dream it, they can build it with a computer!
- Code is one of the world’s most used languages. Across the world, coders are using the same language to build websites and programs for others to use.
- Kids learn faster when they are young.
- Coding encourages critical thinking and problem solving.
- Open your child to possibilities. With coding experience, kids can apply for computer science internships and jobs.
About Youth Digital’s Mod Design program
Youth Digital‘s Mod Design program is a terrific way to teach children how to code. The goal of this program, and all of Youth Digital’s programs, is to empower kids to create with technology. Minecraft kids will learn to modify the game with this year-long online course that teaches kids programming with Java™. Code their own Minecraft mod from start to finish and watch as the end result becomes a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
- For Minecraft kids ages 8 to 13
- Kids learn at their own pace
- Lessons are easy to follow (minimum adult help needed)
- Students must already have Minecraft for PC or Mac
Youth Digital’s courses are available at a discount on Educents.com.
- The educational benefits of playing Minecraft
- Why children should learn to code
- 5 reasons to get kids into robotics
- Mystery Science: Open and Go Lessons for Kids
- Magformers: Creative fun with STEAM education