There are two things my boys really enjoy – Kidzania and Halloween. Combine the two in a Spooky Fun Festival and you know it is a “must go” event! Unfortunately, we couldn’t make it to the opening launch, but we’ll have the rest of October to experience this spooktacular event.
KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Spooky Fun Festival
From now until the 1st of November, a host of eerie and hair-raising activities are available at KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Spooky Fun Festival. One particularly intriguing activity is the Midnight Hour challenge where visitors will have to search for the antidote to a zombie virus outbreak!
KidZania Kuala Lumpur has really gone all out to make this one thrilling ‘Trick or Treat’ adventure not just for kids but adults, too! Just for the month of October, KidZania Kuala Lumpur is bringing back their signature Family & Friends edition. Adults will have the opportunity to role-play at selected establishments and complete spooky challenges alongside their kids. So c’mon Mums and Dads, get in on the ghastly action and experience the amazing benefits of play for adults!
Bigger and Spookier
KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Spooky Fun Festival is a significant event in our calendar and the whole team is committed to improve and make it more exciting and fun each year. New elements are infused into this year’s event with different scare levels for all and we assure you that no guest will leave without at least one scream!Mayor of KidZania Kuala Lumpur, Shahrul Nizar Ahmad
Kidzania Kuala Lumpur has hosted other special events this year, like the Space Edu-ventures and ArchaeoKidz. For the Spooky Fun Festival, it looks like they’ve really ramped up the fun meter. With three levels of scare to cater to different age demographics, there will be activities for every age:
- Daylight for younger kids
- Moonlight for older kids; and
- Midnight for the Family & Friends edition
Spooky Fun Festival Highlights
Gear up for a day of adventure as the Spooky Fun Festival highlights include:
- Scary Maze in front of the Bananana! Theatre – Venture into the Scary Maze at your own risk and complete a challenge that will guarantee your escape.
- Yucky FrankenBeebop’s Brain Activity at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Pick the brains of good ol’ FrankenBeebop for a series of fun challenges.
- Vita Witch’s Brew at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Create the perfect witches’ brew with bats and witches’ hats.
- Bekha’s Mummy Wrap at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Mummies Alive! Get a chilling taste of the mummification process with this wrap and race activity.
- Chika’s Black Cat Bowling at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Test your luck on the Black Cat superstition and strike out in a fun game of bowling
- Vampire Urbano Pin-Up at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Have a fang-tastic time piercing the vampire without the use of your sight.
- Trick-or-Treat All Around Town – What’s Halloween without trick-or-treat? Crack your way through riddles and quizzes to collect delicious treats!
Family & Friends Edition of Spooky Fun Festival
Some of the activities only available during the Family & Friends Edition of Spooky Fun Festival will be:
- Bache’s Halloween Treat at Ghastly Alley (Radio Alley) – Dig into the Jack O’ Lantern and find as many creepy critters as you can.
- What’s In The Box Challenge at the TV Studio – Only for the brave ones! Face your fears as you wiggle your way through a mysterious box of gruesome treasures.
- The Midnight Hour (Family & Friends) along the City Streets (National Store) – Brave through the horrors of The Midnight Hour in search for the antidote to the zombie virus apocalypse that has plagued the city and its inhabitants.
Weekend Workshops and Activities
Other weekend workshops and establishment activities include:
- People Eater Mocktail at the town’s Jail House – Stir up trouble and brew your very own Halloween concoction.
- Yummy Mummy Hot Dogs at the town’s Jail House – Eat, drink and be scary as you prepare a meal fit for a mummy with your little ones.
- Slime Monster at Event Space (next to Mayor’s Office) – Get down and dirty with the monsters as you create your own ooey gooey slimey goodness!
- Happy Meal Trick or Treat Box at ArtZ Studio – Get creative and DIY your own spooktacular Trick or Treat box.
- Creature-Feature Cardboard Rolls at ArtZ Studio – Little monsters await your imagination in bringing a little splash of colour.
- Paint the Town Orange at the Beauty Salon – It’s not all grime and gore as little ones will get to indulge in a little self-pampering.
- Beadsy Bodies at Karratz – Have a little fun decking out in some Halloween bling.
B.kidZanian Special Activity
For the duration of the Spooky Fun Festival, KidZania Kuala Lumpur will run a special B.kidZanian activity. CitiZens stand a chance to redeem special gifts and earn extra kidZos by completing a series of tasks.
This year’s Spooky Fun Festival was made possible with the help of KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s collaborative partners which include Faber-Castell, Fipper, F&N, Haribo, Hotel Sentral, Kidxy, McDonald’s, Mission Foods, Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) and UHU.
With so much to see and do, this is one special KidZanian event you can’t miss. More information about KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Spooky Fun Festival here – https://bit.ly/2m2Wr0U.
- More Halloween Fun
- Story-Based Education for Engaging Student Learning
- Let’s Play! The Role of Playing in Learning
- Physical Activity – Get Moving for Lots of Benefits
- Prodigy Math – RPG that Helps Kids Learn Math