We’ve done a number of things with it, but our favourites have got to be the Pokeball (so G1 could pretend to be a Pokemon Master)…
…and the screen time reminder so G2 knows when it’s time to take break from his screen:
Since then, Tech Will Save Us has come a long way. Check out their range of cool STEM toys…
About Tech Will Save Us
Tech Will Save Us introduces STEM skills to kids aged 4-12 through a creative range of STEM toys. Designed around themes like music, gaming, and craft, these kits combine digital learning with hands-on technology. These kits are perfect for home learning.
- Introduction to how electricity works
- Open-ended creating and experimenting
- Teaches creative thinking and problem solving
- Encourages creative experimentation
- Learn about simple circuits
- Develop fine motor skills
Tech Will Save Us Dough Kits
This range of STEM toys is the perfect introduction to learning about circuits and how conductivity works – use the dough to create fun objects and creatures that light up when you complete a circuit.
- Electro Dough – Create a rocket with light up fire, a homemade game of operation or some amazing dough fireworks. Learn about building different types of circuits, polarity, and resistance while having fun.
- Bright Creatures – Using special conductive dough, a smart controller, and LED light helpers, kids create fire-breathing Dragons and Penguins with glowing wings while learning about circuits!
- Electro Machines – Using special conductive dough, a smart controller and motor, kids can create whirring robots and zooming race cars while learning about motion!
- Techno Sounds – Using special conductive dough, a smart controller, and special sound helper, kids create plonky pianos and buzzing snakes while learning about resistance!
Tech Will Save Us’s Music-Tech Range
This range of educational STEAM toys teach kids aged 8+ about music technology, sound amplification.
- Speaker Kit – teaches kids polarity, resistance, resonance, and how electronic components work. Designed for kids who are ready to take on more advanced projects and really get into the nitty-gritty of how circuits and electronics work.
- Electro Guitar Kit – teaches kids how to build their very own electric guitar and amp from scratch. They get to creatively express themselves through music and understand how electrical charges create sound.
- Synth Kit – teaches kids how to build their own synthesizer for making their own electronic music.
- Synth Wave Kit – lets kids get creative with sound waves, learning how to create electronic music and produce beats like a pro.
- Record and Remix Kit – teaches kids to record and tweak sound using their very own remix module. They can create soundbites and music tracks or plug in devices and record straight from the internet.
Tech Will Save Us Electro-Tech Range
This educational range teaches kids aged 4+ about electrical circuit building, creativity through play and tactile technology.
- Light Racer – Build your own bike lights that flash as you ride! Learn about capacitors, wireless coils and get to grips with the extraordinary power of wireless technology! Learn how wireless electricity works, use capacitors, LED lights and learn how simple components come together to capture electricity through the air.
- Sew & Glow – Design and build glowing badges that light up with the touch of a button – PING! Bring them to life with the power of electro thread.
- Thirsty Plant – Build a solar-powered moisture sensor for your favorite plant. Using plaster of Paris, a few electronic components, and some solar panels, make a sensor that you when your plant needs water. It’s the perfect introduction to building functional circuits and learning about sensors.
Tech Will Save Us Coding-Tech Range
This range teaches kids aged 10+ about coding, game design, problem-solving and logic.
- Gamer Kit – Kids can learn to make and code their own games. The simple instructions in our online coding platform teach kids how to make over 15 retro games, giving them the skills to invent and code their own.
- Mover Kit – Kids can invent their own apps on the Creative Coder by programming the motion sensor, compass and rainbow lights. Create light sabres, wizard staffs or toothbrush trainers.
- Arcade Coder – Teaches kids aged 6-12+ about game design, creativity, collaborative play, coding, and animation.
Something for the older kids age 11+:
- Micro:Bit – A complete set containing all the parts and inspirational ideas to get started creating all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments. Includes features such as 25 red LED lights that can flash messages, two programmable buttons that can be used to control games or pause and skip songs on a playlist, detect motion and tell you which direction you’re heading in, and even use a low energy Bluetooth connection to interact with other devices and the Internet.
- Micro:Mod – Kids learn to code programmable LEDs with this add-on kit for the BBC micro:bit.
- Micro:Bot – Kids build and code three different robots with this add-on kit for the micro:bit.
- Micro:Craft – Code and craft dozens of projects with this great add-on kit for a micro:bit.
- Micro:Mega – a three-in-one kit that contains the Micro:Bit, Micro:Bot, and Micro:Craft Kits.
- What’s the Big Deal About Coding?
- What Minecraft Teaches Kids
- 5 Reasons to Get Kids into Robotics
- Little Bits: Legos for the iPad Generation
- Osmo: Bringing Play Beyond the Screen