LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!
KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Be A Star Variable Programme is back for an even glitzier second season! Here’s your chance to be a Zuperstar!
Calling all budding performers! KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Be A Star variable school-holiday programme is back by popular demand, following the stellar reception from the programme’s debut last year. This second season promises to be bigger, better and more glamorous. It aims to expose young kids to the dynamic world of performing arts and entertainment through the Kidzanian way of fun and engaging learning experiences.
As we are all aware, some of the best and biggest dreamers out there are kids. So this school holiday, we want to give kids the “star treatment” they truly deserve by exposing them to performing arts and entertainment industry based activities like acting, modelling, singing, dancing, grooming and hosting while also exposing them to today’s current technology to truly give them a hands-on, in-depth experience of what it would be like to ‘Be A Star’.
The return of the STARZ Talent Contest this year also brings an exciting element to the mix. There are many kids who possess various talents but don’t get the opportunity to showcase them within the four walls of the classroom setting. Not only does this talent contest allow participants the opportunity to discover what they are good at, it also encourages healthy competition as well as equip them with important life skills as they learn the value of critical feedback, both positive and constructive. Moreover, what we offer is a safe, educational, family-oriented way to gain knowledge about the talent industry.Shahrul Nizar Ahmad, Mayor of KidZania Kuala Lumpur
Lots of Prizes to be Won
KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Be A Star programme is the ideal platform for kids to express their creative talents and shine through specially curated activities and workshops. The highly lauded STARZ Talent Contest returns with more alluring prizes, including:
- Canon iNSPiC C
- Canon TS8270 Inkjet PIXMA
- One year’s worth of TeaLive supply (52 cups) and breakthrough prizes from TeaLive
- A visit to BFM radio station
- Cash prizes from Fraser and Neave (F&N)
- hampers from SUU Balm, and more…
A Terrific Learning Opportunity for Kids
KidZania Kuala Lumpur’s Be A Star programme runs from 23 November to 3 January 2020, coinciding with the end of year school holidays. The program embodies the KidZania’s philosophy of empowering children to “Learn Life Today”. It encourages children to develop core life skills that prepare them for the future:
- social development – interacting with others
- personal development – self-confidence, self-esteem, self-discipline
- stepping out of their comfort zone and facing the fear of performing before a crowd
- personal skills – communication, concentration, memory
In addition to a talent contest, there will be six main activities and six weekend workshops. There will also be a special activity exclusively for loyalty programme members and other establishment activities taking place within KidZania Kuala Lumpur.
The main activity highlights include:
- Walk Like a Star by Canon (16 November – 28 December 2019) – Get ready to strut your stuff as you learn all about the owning the runway.
- Sing Like A Star (2 December – 6 December 2019) – Pick up some tips and tricks on pitching, voice control, vocal range and verbal cues to bring out the inner singing diva in you.
- Act Like A Star by Suu Balm (9 December – 13 December 2019) – Embody the inner ways of a Zuperstar in this special etiquette workshop.
- Dance Like A Star (16 December – 20 December 2019) – So you think you can dance? Groove to the beat as you learn several types of dance choreographies including traditional and modern dance.
- Look Like A Star (23 December – 27 December 2019) – Give yourself the star treatment as you learn basic hairdo and makeup artistry skills.
- Talk Like a Star by Canon (30 December – 3 January 2020) – Have what it takes to be a kool TV host and personality? Learn the ropes of commanding the stage and owning the camera in the hosting workshop.
Weekend activity highlights include:
- Learning how to make your very own star ornament – this will be a fitting welcome to the coming festive season.
- Bedazzling in celebrity-like glitter nail polish.
- Concocting coolers fit for a star.
- Accessorising in your very own star-shaped bracelets.
- Making your own stardust soap and lip balm using natural ingredients courtesy of MPOC.
Special Meet and Greet Sessions
The Be A Star programme will also feature exciting meet and greet sessions. These will be happening every weekend of December courtesy of the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS). Visitors will have the opportunity to meet renowned stars and industry heavyweights, and listen to their success stories. These are sure to engage and inspire our budding Kidzanian Zuperstars.
B. KidZanian Exclusive Activity
In this B. KidZanian exclusive special, kids stand a chance to win exciting prizes by completing three of the Be A Star themed activities. Visitors will get to create their very own microphone bookmark in the special establishment activity.
Be A Star Promotion
KidZania Kuala Lumpur will be offering up to 35% off on tickets so that more people will be able to participate and enjoy the Be A Star programme. More information about the programme and further details about activities can be found at https://bit.ly/2KlBbNb.
- The Benefits of Drama and Musical Theatre
- Why Children Should have Singing Lessons
- The Benefits of Music Lessons
- Increasing Engagement with Role Play and Story-Based Learning
- Christmas Activities: