This post has been moved to the Right Brain Child. You can read it here:
Looking for resources for your Right Brain Education Home Practice? Look no further. Expert MieVee launches her new site Owlissimo for busy parents with no time to make their own home practice resources…
What Owlissimo Offers:
- 1800 flash cards published by Shichida Education International. This gives you a huge variety of picture cards to supplement your current flash cards. In 8 languages, including English and Chinese (with hanyu pinyin)
- 150 Right Brain Game Cards, also published by Shichida Education International. These are great for playing ESP / HSP, photographic memory and linking memory games.
- 50 Photographic Memory Game Cards, also published by Shichida Education International. Fun card games that you can play as a family while boosting your child’s instant memory skills.
- A home practice intensive sharing workshop, (delivery to Singapore / Malaysia only) with personalised coaching on how to flash cards quickly and effectively, how to make flash cards, how to play with the right brain game cards, and answers to your most burning questions on home practice.
Right Brain Education can be practiced at home on your own (if you don’t have access to a right brain education school) or as a supplement to your child’s regular lessons. For guidance, refer back to the Right Brain Education Home Practice Manual as it provides the recommended outline for you to follow in your home sessions.
In this article and the ones to follow, we will be looking in greater depth at each of the activities suggested for Right Brain Education Home Practice.
Getting Started – Relationships First
In the previous newsletters, we have been stressing a lot about the importance of the relationship with your child when it comes to Right Brain Education. This is because your connection with your child is crucial to the success of your home practice. So before you begin home practice, always take some time to reconnect with your child. Even if you have to skip any of the other elements from the home practice guide, don’t skip this one…
Right Brain Home Practice – Preparing Your Child
- Hug and Praise your child
- Relaxation Exercise
- Breathing Exercise
Begin with your child on your lap and the 8 Second Hug. Talk to your child and acknowledge the behaviours you have observed that you have been proud of. For instance, allowing his brother to have a go with a toy first, helping you wipe up a mess, getting ready for school quickly, etc. You can also use this time to use Shichida’s 5 Daily Words of Praise (click the link to read more about it).
Move on to the relaxation exercise. Shichida recommends using energy balls (click the link to read more about it). You can also do some simple movement or stretching exercises.
End with some breathing exercises. Teach your child to breathe deeply – inhale and exhale slowly counting to 5.
In between Right Brain Practice, make sure you’re constantly filling your child’s love tank. Read the following article for more:
There was a time when Shichida home practice training materials were almost impossible to find outside of a Shichida Center… These days, shopping for right brain education materials is a little easier. Now you can also get Shichida Home Practice Kits.