Research has proven that children who play an instrument do better in school, make friends more easily, are more creative, learn self-discipline, and gain self-confidence.
In eMedia My Piano, an animated character named Pam the Piano leads kids through over 100 lessons by Irma Irene Justicia, M.A., who has taught at the renowned Juilliard School of Music. eMedia My Piano covers the basics, such as learning your notes, counting rhythm, and moves on to playing chords, reading music, playing songs, and much more. eMedia’s exclusive animated keyboard shows kids where to put their fingers as the live recorded audio plays. With MIDI tracks, the speed of the music can be adjusted so kids can learn at their own pace. When My Piano is used with a MIDI keyboard, kids get instant feedback on notes and rhythms they played wrong and find out what they should have played instead. Additional features such as a metronome and digital recorder are also included. My Piano is the perfect way to introduce children to playing piano!
- The fun way to learn: Now it’s easy for kids ages six and up to learn how to play piano! An animated character named Pam the Piano guides kids through over 100 lessons by former Juilliard School of Music instructor Irma Irene Justicia, M.A. Games make learning fun, and kids will learn songs that they can share with their friends!
- Animated keyboard: The animated keyboard shows color-coded fingerings as the music plays so kids can easily follow along. Double-clicking on any chord or note will also show them where to put their fingers.
- Interactive feedback: When used with a MIDI keyboard, kids get instant feedback on notes and rhythms they played wrong and find out what they should have played instead. There’s also an overall score to show them how well they did on the song.
- Full-motion videos: the lessons are easy to follow with our large-format videos, featuring split-screens and close-ups that guide kids through songs and playing techniques.
- Interactive games: Games help children learn chords and songs by reviewing what they learned in the lessons. By interacting with the playful characters and scenes, kids will have fun while learning music!
- Audio and MIDI tracks: Audio playback for selected lessons include piano only, voice only, and full audio including both piano and voice. Play along with tracks that you can speed up or slow down including colorful MIDI accompaniments, metronome tick, left-hand part, right-hand part, or the two-handed performance.
- Metronome: kids can set their own tempo and get audio and/or visual cues for staying on beat so they can play in time with the music.
- Recorder: The digital recorder allows kids to play into the computer’s built-in microphone (or an external one), record their performance, and save it to the computer. This handy tool lets them listen to what they played and share it with their family and friends.
My Guitar is a complete course of over 60 guitar lessons for kids designed by the award-winning guitarist and teacher Kevin Garry, Ph.D. It features Gary the Guitar, an animated character that teaches children how to tune the guitar, play easy guitar chords, read guitar TABs (guitar tablature, a popular guitar notation) and play easy kids’ guitar songs such as “Jingle Bells,” “Yankee Doodle,” and many more.
Research has shown that children who play music do better in school and make friends more easily. Learning how to play guitar helps develop a child’s creativity, self-discipline and confidence.
Children learn guitar faster and easier with eMedia guitar lesson software due to included interactive technologies. The Animated Fretboard shows kids where to put their fingers as the music plays. Instant Feedback highlights notes as they are played correctly (requires computer microphone). Music games for kids are included to help make learning fun and engaging.
- Guitar lesson videos with close-up and split-screen views of both hands which show picking and fingering technique.
- Tutorials on how to read chord diagrams, play guitar chords, and play easy strumming patterns.
- Instant Feedback highlights the melody notes in songs as they are correctly played (requires computer microphone).
- Fun music games for kids teaching guitar string note names, chords, and how to read guitar TABs.
- eMedia’s Animated Fretboard that makes learning how to play guitar easier by showing guitar fingerings as the music plays.
- Guitar lessons on how to read guitar TABs.
- Well-known, easy guitar songs for kids such as “Go Tell Aunt Rhody,” “Marianne,” “Oh Susanna,” “Scarborough Fair,“ “Jingle Bells,” “Alouette,” “Yankee Doodle,” and others.
- Guitar lessons with audio tracks plus MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed or sped up.
- Integrated guitar practice tools include an automatic guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, metronome, and recorder.
eMedia offers guitar lessons for kids with an interactive difference that you can’t find elsewhere. My Guitar keeps children engaged as they learn how to play guitar the fun way!
Violin Lessons for Kids – Learn Music Basics Like Notes and Rhythms the Fun and Interactive Way with Music Games and Songs!
My Violin provides over 160 violin lessons for kids or anyone young at heart! It features the animated character Val the Violin and instruction from professional violinist Sabina Skalar, M.M., who has played with the New York City Ballet. My Violinteaches children how to play violin with proper fingering and bowing technique; plus, they’ll learn the basics of music, including how to read music notation and play easy violin songs.
Violin lessons can help encourage a child’s confidence, self-discipline, and creativity. Research has shown that children who play music do better in school and make friends more easily.
Kids or adults learn violin easier and faster with the interactive technology in eMedia’s violin software. The Finger Tracker listens to the violin being played and shows whether fingers are placed correctly. The Animated Fingerboard shows proper fingerings as the music is being played. Interactive music games keep learning fun and engaging.
- Violin lesson videos to show proper hand positions and bowing techniques.
- Over 160 lessons, including violin fingerings and how to read music notation with rhythm and note values.
- Interactive Finger Tracker technology, where the computer listens to your playing via the microphone and shows whether you are playing the correct notes and whether your fingers are correctly placed for those notes.
- Interactive music games that teach violin notes, accents, rhythms, and violin fingering.
- An Animated Fingerboard makes learning how to play violin easier by showing proper violin fingerings as the music plays.
- Variable-speed MIDI accompaniment tracks to play with make practicing fun.
- Delightful beginner violin songs such as “Alouette,” “Au Claire de la Lune,” “Ode to Joy,” “London Bridge,” and more!
- Violin lesson music can be played back as either recorded audio (full, violin-only or voice-only tracks) or as MIDI tracks which can be slowed down or sped up.
- Selected sections of the music can be highlighted, looped, and slowed down for practicing tricky parts.
- Integrated violin tools include an automatic violin tuner, metronome, and recorder.
My Violin was created to make beginning violin lessons fun and interactive. eMedia My Violin is the perfect way to teach children or anyone young at heart how to play violin!
Why Learn Music:
- Benefits of learning music
- Why you should send your child for music lessons
- The wondrous benefits of learning a musical instrument
- Brain scans show how learning a musical instrument enhances our brains
Other Music Programs: